PILATES MAT CLASSES
OUR MAT PILATES CLASSES ARE DIFFERENT. RELIEVING YOU OF THOSE DAILY ACHES AND PAINS, OUR PILATES WILL LEAVE YOU FEELING STRONGER, HEALTHIER AND IN CONTROL OF YOUR BODY.
We are running a free weekly class for NHS & Key Workers during the Covid-19 crisis. Please see below for details and booking link.
Most of our other small Pilates mat classes are operating. However, our strength is in really helping you to understand your body so we’re only taking new customers for Pilates One to Ones at the moment.
Movement is personal. How you move is shaped by the makeup of your body, your lifestyle and your past. Our classes will give you a regular routine that helps to relieve you of general stiffness and get more out of your body.
Contact us for more information on how we can help you.
Mat Pilates Classes
This is the type of class that you would do in a church hall or a gym. It’s just you, and the mat. And, of course, some expert coaching from us. You’ll leave feeling lighter and taller and you’ll increase your understanding of how your body moves and works so that you can change how you move and live, long after the class has finished.
Free NHS & Key Workers Classes
This short (30 min) Gentle Pilates will focusing on moving the feet, hips, arms and shoulders. As there are 6 participants maximum, we can tailor the class to some extent to meet your needs and wants on any specific day.
Monday Morning and Mindful Pilates Classes
These classes are slow and relaxed for men and women of all ages.
Mum and Baby Pilates Classes
A safe tailored and fun class to exercise after having a baby. These classes allow you some mummy exercise time. They allow you to strengthen your pelvic floor and improve your posture, strength and energy.
Runners & Cyclists Pilates Classes
Giving greater hip, foot and trunk stability and mobility for you runners and cyclists out there. They are suitable for healthy men and women of a good fitness level.
Spine Opening Pilates Classes
Helping to open the spine and educating you how to move. They are best for men and women who wish to continue to move safely as they age. Please do check with your doctor or physio, but this class is also often suitable those suffering from Osteoporosis or advanced Osteopaena as we minimise forward bending in the spine.
Yin Yoga Classes
Okay, so this is Yoga and not Pilates, but Yin Yoga is different. No balancing , no perfect poses, just deep relaxation and release. A floor based practice that allows you to relax into each of the poses for between 2 and 7 minutes. Working with the breath to release tensions in both the body and mind.
Free Online NHS & Key Worker Class during Covid-19 Crisis:
- Wednesday 5pm – Free Gentle 30 minute Pilates
Online to existing clients due to Covid-19:
- Monday 9.30am – Small Monday Gentle Pilates
- Tuesday 5.30pm – Small Mixed Mindful Pilates
- Tuesday 6.45pm – Small Runners/Cyclists Pilates
- Wednesday 9.30am – Ageing Well Spine Opening Pilates
Not currently running due to Covid-19:
- Tuesday 9.30am – Mum and Baby Pilates
- Friday 6.15pm – Simply Yin, Yin Yoga
- Sunday 3.30pm – Discover Yin, Yin Yoga
- Sunday 5pm (90 mins) – Deep Relaxation Yin, Yin Yoga
- Online Classes use the Zoom tool – you will need to make sure you have access to a camera and a microphone on your computer, tablet or phone
- Complete Movement, Opera Close, 22c Court Street, Haddington, EH41 3JA
- Hope Rooms, 34 Forth St, North Berwick EH39 4JD
Booking and Prices
- Free Gentle Pilates for NHS & Key Workers Classes – book here
- Online Pilates Mat Classes due to Covid-19 Crisis – We are running these classes for existing clients only at the moment. We are operating Movement MOTs & Pilates One to Ones for new clients or contact us to be added to the waitlist for one of our classes when we start back in person.
- Not operating due to Covid-19 – Mum & Babies Pilates – Please contact Colleen directly for information and to reserve your space – email@example.com or 07876313224
- Not operating due to Covid-19 – YinYoga Classes – book directly with Equanimity Yoga
- Small Pilates Mat classes – £12.50 per when paying for a block; £16 ad-hoc for existing clients if space available
- Larger Wednesday Pilates Mat classes run in conjunction with Ageing Well East Lothian – £4 per class bookable as a block
Stiff, sore and achy?
Looking for a gentle, but effective form of exercise? Want to feel stronger and refreshed? You need Pilates.
The goal of Pilates is to strengthen your body in an even way, thereby improving your general fitness and wellbeing.
Why your body loves Pilates
Relieves you of those everyday aches and pains
Helps to recover from and prevent injury
Relieves anxiety, stress and tension from your body and mind
Mindful movement helps you to release your emotional tension
New to Pilates?
By combining your Mat Class with some Pilates One to One Coaching, you’ll progress faster, avoid increasing pain during class and learn techniques to avoid those awkward day-to-day movements that cause you discomfort.
Love the body you’re in, free of pain, stronger and healthier.
Come to Complete Movement for your movement “MOT” to discover the root cause of your aches and pains.
Your Movement MOT will give you an understanding of what’s holding you back from
Relieving your pain & prevent it recurring
Improving your strength & stamina
You’ll share relevant health and fitness history and show us how you move. At the end of the session, we’ll discuss options on next steps. Includes:
an appointment lasting approximately 45 minutes
a movement assessment (please wear suitable clothes)
guidance on the right approach for you
Invest in yourself. Book your Movement MOT now
(cost redeemable against your first one to one Pilates Coaching session).Book my appointment
What my clients say
“I honestly don’t know how I’d have managed these past few months without the very focused support, the absolute positivity and the overwhelming sense of empowerment that I have gained from your Pilates sessions. My heartfelt thanks.”
“I must say you have changed my view on Pilates completely. Despite having had back problems in the past, my exercise regime has always been rather full on and I have never really enjoyed Pilates. However, your approach has changed my view completely and I now really think about my body and posture. I also appreciate how much Pilates complements my other exercise and I wouldn’t be without it. So a big THANK YOU!”
"Thanks for all your help and for a fantastic session. I’ve really benefitted from your expert tuition. We were talking on Saturday about people who are gifted. I think you are one of them. You listen well and then teach me in a way that works for me. That is gifted, in my book. Thank you."
“I have really enjoyed the class and the understanding that it also provides regarding body mechanics and how it all works!! I find this really useful and much more beneficial than any Pilates classes I have done over the years in the past - so thank you!”